Education is important to ensure that critical risk management and loss control information is presented to, understood and utilized by healthcare professionals and staff. These educational and training programs provide the tools required to move toward service excellence.
Stevens & Lee offers a full complement of loss control, risk engineering, risk management and patient satisfaction education and training programs to a broad audience:
- Physicians and other providers
- Governing bodies and management
- Healthcare staff
- Nursing homes
- Physicians practices
Additionally, customized programs eligible for CME, can be created.
Energized, committed and educated employees make a positive difference in a patient’s healthcare experience; untrained and undereducated employees lead to potentially unsatisfactory service situations. This is critically important since most malpractice claims and lawsuits are pursued based on patients’ feelings about those potential communication and service lapses.
True service excellence, or providing services at the highest level, needs to be embraced by everyone in your organization. This can be accomplished through targeted training and educational programs focusing on improving patient, or “customer” service.
The following reflects the variety of education and training programs that will enable you to create service excellence. Other programs can be developed or customized by request.
- Developing the Loss Control Culture
- Expectation Management ... A Reality Check
- Informed Consent for You–Going on the Offensive
- Taking Deposition Preparation and Execution to the Next Level
- How to Be Part of Your Trial Team
- Patient Involvement and Accountability … It’s About Time
- The Top Three Ways to Motivate Your Staff
- Event Management – Creating Your Own Evidence
- Communication Plus – Enhanced Communication Skills for the Healthcare Provider
- Learning to Be Your Own Best Witness in Court
- Documentation Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
- Mandatory Positive Risk Management for Physicians: Time for Collaboration
- Telephone Care: How to Increase Patient Satisfaction and Reduce Liability
- Disclosing Unanticipated Outcomes and Medical Errors
Enhance Service Excellence
Education plays an important role in moving an organization toward a culture of service excellence. True service excellence needs to be embraced at all levels of the organization and can only be accomplished through targeted training and educational programs that focus on improving performance. Stevens & Lee offers a full complement of risk management educational programs to help your organization move toward becoming a provider of service excellence.
For more information, please e-mail James W. Saxton or call him at 717.399.6639.
© 2011-2012 STEVENS & LEE
all rights reserved • disclaimer