- Corporate, Finance and Capital Markets
- Financial Institutions
- Villanova University School of Law
- Of Counsel
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 215.751.2867
- Fax: 610.988.0856
Michael serves as a regulatory ally to a range of domestic and international financial institutions. From community banks to nationally recognized financial brands, clients have relied on him as in-house counsel, outside counsel and a business-oriented advisor on a number of regulatory and transactional issues related to financial institutions. His regulatory practice is backed by experience as in-house counsel for a well-known national bank, as well as with the supervision and regulation area of the Federal Reserve System. In these roles, Michael has focused on safety and soundness, trust and fiduciary, and consumer compliance issues affecting financial institutions ranging from regional banks to large foreign banking organizations. Michael has also served as outside counsel in the financial services and corporate and securities practice groups of several large law firms.
Michael provides strategic counsel on compliance issues and risk management involving a variety of federal and state regulations governing deposits and loans, underwriting, consumer finance, mortgage servicing, wealth management, contract negotiation and a number of transactional endeavors. His experience includes advising on corporate governance and operational compliance, and he has helped clients facilitate inquiries and examinations initiated by federal and state financial regulatory agencies.
- Advised financial institutions and their boards of directors in responses to regulatory criticism across a variety of issues. Represented independent directors of financial institutions in various regulatory matters.
- Advised numerous financial institutions on specific areas of regulatory focus and offered guidance to improve compliance management systems and operational functionality of various departments.
- Advised financial institutions on a variety of lending and other documents, including promissory notes, lines of credit, pledges, mortgage documents, guarantees and M&A escrow agreements.
- Assisted financial institutions in the enhancement of policies and procedures related to new product offerings, improvement of operational functions and regulatory criticism. Range of product areas advised include deposits, lending and wealth management/private banking.
- Advised financial institutions in transactions ranging from bank mergers to branch network acquisitions.
- Federal Reserve Board, Commissioned Safety and Soundness Examiner
- Federal Reserve Board, Commissioned Consumer Compliance Examiner
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Villanova Law Review, Order of the Coif
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., cum laude