Stevens & Lee Affiliate GSL Government Consulting Launches GSL Public Strategies Group, Forms Bi-Partisan Public Affairs and Communications Firm
Prominent Pennsylvania Business Leaders and State Government Professionals Join the Team
HARRISBURG, PA, August 25, 2022 – GSL Government Consulting, LLC announced today that it has launched GSL Public Strategies Group (GSL), and formed GSL Public Affairs and Communications, LLC.
Together, the GSL team will provide a complete range of government consulting, government relations and corporate and crisis communications services.
“The launch of this group significantly expands our platform’s capabilities for advocating in Pennsylvania on behalf of our clients,” said Ernie Choquette, Chairman, President and CEO of The Stevens & Lee Companies, a platform of affiliated professional services companies which includes GSL. “We are excited to be able to continue to grow our platform by expanding the services we provide and increasing the value we can bring to companies doing business in Pennsylvania.”
“We’re very pleased to welcome a high-powered team of professionals to the GSL team,” said John Bear, Senior Managing Director of GSL. “As veterans of state government and leaders in the private sector, their unique expertise will strengthen our ability to assist our clients to achieve their goals.”
Joining John Bear and Mike Brunelle, a GSL Managing Director who joined the platform earlier this year after serving as Chief of Staff to Governor Tom Wolf, are former Pennsylvania government and business leaders, and experienced public affairs professionals:
- Gene Barr – Former President and CEO of the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, Mr. Barr brings more than 40 years of experience in all facets of government and business operations in the Commonwealth.
- Shauna Boscaccy, Esq. –Began her career working for the Republican Caucus of the House of Representatives where she served as Legal Counsel to the Insurance and Judiciary Committees and served as Executive Director for the Liquor Control Committee.
- Kyle Fitzsimmons – Former Chief of Staff to Senator John Yudichak, Mr. Fitzsimmons has nearly two decades of experience working in and with Pennsylvania state government in a bipartisan manner to achieve project success.
- Robert Ghormoz – A veteran of state government, Mr. Ghormoz has extensive experience in crafting and implementing policy, and previously served in the Wolf Administration as Deputy Chief of Staff, Speechwriter, Secretary of Intergovernmental Affairs and Senior Advisor to the Governor. His portfolio also included energy and economic development, including the Redevelopment Assistance and Capital Program (RACP).
- Nick Soccio – Former Executive Deputy Chief of Staff to Governor Wolf, Mr. Soccio has a breadth of experience serving in key capacities within the Pennsylvania Office of Administration and the Governor’s Office.
- Gregory Thall, Esq. – Most recently Pennsylvania Secretary of the Budget for the Wolf Administration, Mr. Thall brings significant government, legal, political and public affairs experience.
- Elizabeth Russoli – Public affairs specialist with broad-based experience in communications and public affairs strategy, design and delivery.
GSL is part of a platform of companies which includes Stevens & Lee, one of the 250 largest law firms in the country with more than 185 lawyers and 18 offices, ten of which are in Pennsylvania.
“This is a collection of extraordinary bi-partisan talent,” said Mr. Brunelle. “With these advisors, former public servants and consultants joining the company’s currently strong roster, GSL will be positioned to serve every client at the highest level possible.”
GSL is growing its existing and new lines of service and will announce the addition of new team members in the coming weeks.