Stevens & Lee recruits positive and energetic individuals seeking to improve and expand their skills in a dynamic environment. We expect a lot from our staff and know the importance of hiring capable and talented people – men and women whose business experience, leadership skills and attitudes will contribute to our firm’s success.
We are about relationships with each other and with the clients we serve and embrace constant learning and skills development to grow individually, as team members and as a firm. Accordingly, the standards for our accounting and finance, business development and marketing, information technology, office services, paralegal and administrative personnel are as rigorous as our standards for attorney recruiting.
Those who succeed at Stevens & Lee are motivated and intelligent team players who share our core values of trust and collaboration Many of our professionals at all levels have been with our firm for a decade or more for a variety of reasons, including our:
- Recognition of professional staff as a vital and essential component of the overall success of our firm
- Respect for all team members by treating them as exceptional people who perform their positions with a high degree of initiative, creativity and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to supporting career development with opportunities for growth and advancement, including the pursuit of advanced degrees, training and seminars that focus on the expansion of skills
- Support for and emphasis on the ability to adjust to a fast-paced work environment and steadfast service culture
- Appreciation for team members who take the initiative to go beyond client expectations while exercising meticulous attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Competitive salaries, discretionary merit bonuses, and a competitive benefit package, including a defined contribution savings plan where the firm contributes 10% of your total compensation without any required contribution by you
If you are a self-motivated individual with enthusiasm and a strong work ethic, we would like to speak with you. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Powerful Partnerships. Standout Solutions.
Stevens & Lee is a full-service law firm with approximately 190 attorneys in 17 offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, NYC, Boston, and Wilmington DE. We provide services to a wide range of business clients — from lower middle-market to Fortune 500 companies — on a regional and national basis. The law firm is part of The Stevens & Lee Companies, a diversified professional services firm with synergistic lines of business, including an investment bank and other complementary financial and consulting services organizations.
Currently, Stevens & Lee is seeking an Assistant Director of Shareholder Recruiting and Integration, reporting to the Director of Shareholder Recruiting and Integration.
The Assistant Director of Shareholder Recruiting and Integration works with the Director in formulating and implementing a comprehensive recruiting program designed to attract high quality legal talent — individuals, groups and firms — in addition to overseeing onboarding and integration to the firm. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing an annual recruiting plan and strategy
- Understanding and managing the lateral life cycle recruitment process including identification, interview, offer, transition
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external recruiters
- Overseeing onboarding and integration of laterals
- Conducting research on the lateral market
- Working with the HR Department to maintain recruiting databases and information
- Undergraduate degree in business from an accredited school; graduate degree preferred: MBA or JD
- Prior experience working in a professional services firm, preferably a law firm, in direct client service, recruiting of professionals or other relevant role
- Additional experience in business development or sales, within professional services such as accounting or consulting is helpful
- Ability to develop credibility with internal and external audiences is crucial
If you are looking for immediate hands-on experience in a growth-oriented organization with an opportunity for advancement, Stevens & Lee is the firm for you. We provide competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses and excellent benefits including an annual contribution of 10% of an employee’s gross compensation to S&L’s defined contribution profit sharing plan, vesting in three years, and 100% coverage of the health care premium for all employees.
To apply, please send your resume to Carol.Reitz@stevenslee.com.
The Stevens & Lee Companies is an EEO employer.
Stevens & Lee welcomes exceptional people who demonstrate an exemplary work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, and a high degree of initiative and creativity.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Preparation of business development materials, including pitches and proposals, and responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Assist in the development, execution and administration of business development programs and projects in support of group plans and the company strategic plan
- Work closely with the research team to develop key client, prospect and industry reporting protocols to support business development
- Work closely with the marketing and communications colleagues to execute targeted communications to support BD efforts
- Update and maintain department databases and client/contact data in the context of marketing and business development efforts (Reporting/Tracking ROI)
- B.A/B.S. in Marketing or related field as determined by management; M.A./M.S./MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of marketing and business development experience; professional services marketing experience very strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to establish credibility quickly are required.
- Previous experience writing proposals and other professional materials.
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful and reliable with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, stay poised under pressure and multi-task with a high volume of work.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels across the Firm
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as CRM systems.
- Will require travel to other offices and client sites as needed.
In compliance with federal and state equal opportunity employment laws, The Stevens & Lee Companies is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, or gender.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to platform of professionals and assists with other office duties as needed.
- Answer phones in a professional manner and route calls as necessary
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude and a professional appearance
- Set-up meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Process U.S. mail, Fed-Ex and certified mail per request
- Maintain both hard copy and electronic files as applicable
- Order supplies, ensure copiers and printers are stocked with sufficient paper, maintain cleanliness of conference rooms and common kitchen area, update the postage meter, sort and distribute mail and packages, bind, copy, scan and fax documents as applicable
- Revise documents and short letters as applicable
- Process/submit expenses platform professionals
- Make travel arrangements
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision
- Flexibility and ability to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- High School Diploma and Minimum of two years of experience
- Experience in professional services firm is preferred
- Proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Salesforce preferred but not required
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal and state equal opportunity employment laws, The Stevens & Less Companies is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, or gender.
SES ESOP Strategies, LLC (“SES”) is a national ESOP advisory firm that combines the expertise of ESOP investment banking and legal professionals to assist companies in creating and maintaining successful, sustainable employee owned companies through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (an “ESOP”). SES is part of The Stevens & Lee Companies, an investment banking and legal services platform.
Currently, the ESOP group at SES is seeking a Junior Financial Analyst to join its team. In this hands-on role, you will work closely with and support the SES investment banking professionals.
- Prepare research, industry analyses, proposals, presentations and marketing materials
- Perform sophisticated financial modeling including discounted cash flow and leveraged buyout analyses
- Perform analytical and administrative tasks
- Provide detailed business valuation reviews for clients and prospects
- Assist with special projects and other tasks on an as needed basis
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communications skills
- Knowledge of business valuation, finance, investment banking, commercial banking, insurance, GAAP accounting or related field is a plus
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills with utmost attention to detail
- Accountable individuals who make great use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines and presenting results
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting Economics or other applicable fields of study
- Advanced skills in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
In compliance with federal and state equal opportunity employment laws, The Stevens & Lee Companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, or gender.