Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
Stevens & Lee’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Group is one of the most highly regarded in the Mid-Atlantic region and possesses the experience, expertise and depth to handle any type of bankruptcy or restructuring matter. Our lawyers represent clients locally, regionally and nationally, and are recognized as preeminent practitioners in their respective areas of service. Our clients include:
- Debtors in possession
- Creditors’ committees
- Ad Hoc committees of various types of stakeholders
- Liquidating trustees and litigation trusts
- Estate professionals
- Banks and other traditional and nontraditional lenders
- Officers and directors of companies in financial distress
- Insurers and insureds
- Agricultural lenders and creditors
- Single and multi-employer pension funds
- Private equity funds
- Acquirers and sellers of troubled companies and distressed assets
- Licensors and licensees of intellectual property
- Stockholders, bondholders and parties with other debt, equity or quasi-equity positions
- Trade creditors, including manufacturers, service providers, material suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Commercial landlords and tenants
- Municipal bodies
- Other parties involved in every type of restructuring, bankruptcy and other proceedings
Our lawyers have experience in all aspects of restructurings, financial transactions and commercial collections and are able to approach bankruptcy and workout proceedings and corporate restructurings from a broad perspective and with the ability to draw upon the diverse legal and financial advisory capabilities offered by the Stevens & Lee Companies as a whole. We appear in courts throughout the country.
In addition, Stevens & Lee’s strategically located offices provide easy local access to all state courts and the federal, district and bankruptcy courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the District of Delaware, the District of New Jersey and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Our size, multiple locations and experience in this field make us an attractive, cost-effective alternative in complex matters. Our lawyers enjoy the challenges and responsibilities that are a part of practicing in the constantly evolving fields of restructurings, bankruptcy and debtor/creditor law. We take pride in providing prompt, efficient and effective legal services.