Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 215.751.2885
- Fax: 610.988.0805
- Insurance Coverage and Liability Litigation
- University of North Carolina School of Law
Charlie has more than 25 years of experience assisting clients with a range of complex commercial insurance and reinsurance issues, and provides strategic counsel for litigation, arbitration and regulatory challenges. Representations span various industry players, including insurers, reinsurers, reinsurance intermediaries, insurance brokers, captive managers and reinsurance pool managers.
He also advises non-insurer corporate clients on risk management issues, including insurance placement, claims issues and self-insurance.
Charlie currently serves on the board of directors of CM Regent Insurance Company.
- Representation of Bermuda-based reinsurer in litigation regarding the application of facultative reinsurance to a large property loss that also involved excess of loss cover
- Review and drafting of reinsurance contracts for captive insurance of healthcare companies
- Claims and litigation advice regarding health and accident reinsurance of 9/11-related claims for an intermediary and its clients
- Outsourced general counsel representation of small- to medium-sized brokers and reinsurance intermediaries, including contract review, vendor negotiation and employment issues
- Representation of a major property insurer in the successful defense of a proposed class action involving general contractor overhead and profit through Pennsylvania state trial and appeals courts
- AIDA Reinsurance & Arbitration Society-U.S., Law Committee
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Insurance Committee, Vice Chair
- Leadership Inc.
- Georgetown Preparatory School Alumni Board of Governors, former Member
- The Legal 500 United States, Insurance (Recommended Attorney)
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland