Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 215.751.2885
- Fax: 610.988.0805
- Risk Management and Insurance Advisory Services
Charlie assists clients in a range of complex commercial insurance and reinsurance issues, and provides strategic counsel for litigation, arbitration and regulatory challenges. Representations span various industry players, including insurers, reinsurers, reinsurance intermediaries, insurance brokers, captive managers and reinsurance pool managers.
Corporate clients also rely on Charlie to assist with their risk management needs, including advising on insurance placement, assessing insurance programs, insurance due diligence and claims and recovery issues. Charlie’s practice includes counseling in connection with directors’ and officers’ liability, professional liability, products liability, representation and warranty insurance, errors and omissions, fiduciary insurance, cyber insurance, sexual abuse, insolvency and mass torts.
Charlie served on the board of directors of CM Regent Insurance Company from 2019-2022. He is a licensed property and casualty insurance producer in Pennsylvania.
- Representation of Bermuda-based reinsurer in litigation regarding the application of facultative reinsurance to a large property loss that also involved excess of loss cover
- Review and drafting of reinsurance contracts for captive insurance of health care companies
- Claims and litigation advice regarding health and accident reinsurance of 9/11-related claims for an intermediary and its clients
- Outsourced general counsel representation of small- to medium-sized brokers and reinsurance intermediaries, including contract review, vendor negotiation and employment issues
- Representation of a major property insurer in the successful defense of a proposed class action involving general contractor overhead and profit through Pennsylvania state trial and appeals courts
- Representation of domestic reinsurer in $100 million property/captive reinsurance dispute regarding hurricane losses
- Representation of reinsurance intermediary and its reinsurer clients in connection with a global $400 million accident and health dispute
- Representation of domestic cedent with respect to claims emanating from large asbestos losses
- AIDA Reinsurance & Arbitration Society-U.S., Law Committee
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Insurance Committee, Vice Chair
- Leadership Inc.
- Georgetown Preparatory School Alumni Board of Governors, former Member
- The Legal 500 United States, Insurance (Recommended Attorney)
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland