Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 610.478.2192
- Fax: 610.988.0823
- Corporate, Finance and Capital Markets
- Financial Institutions
- State and Local Government
Lisa is Chair of the Structured Finance Group. She focuses her practice on the representation of banks, financial services companies, other lenders and insurers in connection with mergers, securities matters, and structured finance transactions, with an emphasis on asset-backed securities offerings in the public and private markets. She routinely counsels originators, lenders, issuers, sellers, purchasers and servicers on a wide variety of financial transactions, including loan portfolio acquisitions and sales, servicing-rights transfers and asset-backed financings structured as debt involving student loan, auto, credit card and other consumer loan receivables, as well as residential, commercial, and home equity mortgage loans. She also has extensive experience negotiating and documenting secured and unsecured lending agreements and debt restructuring agreements.
Lisa joined Stevens & Lee as an attorney with years of directly relevant experience in the student loan and mortgage banking industries beginning in 1988. Prior to her legal career, she supervised the Financial Reporting and Budgeting Departments for four servicing centers in Sallie Mae’s Northeast Region, She also previously managed Mortgage Operations and Investor Administration for First Eastern Bank, N.A., where she was responsible for all aspects of agency and non-agency secondary market mortgage transactions for the institution, in addition to mortgage loan servicing and portfolio acquisitions.
Lisa served as a law clerk for the Honorable Marvin R. Halbert, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Complex Litigation Unit.
- Represented Issuers, Sponsors, and SPE Administrators in soliciting investor consent to indenture amendments for LIBOR succession and other matters
- Routinely advises securitization issuers, sponsors and other transaction participants with respect to compliance with securities law matters
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency in the securitization of over $7.5 billion of student loans in 12 separate transactions
- Represented a small business finance company, as Sponsor, in its initial securitization of the un-guaranteed portions of loans originated under the U.S. Small Business Administration’s loan program
- Represented commercial lender in establishing multiple warehouse lines of credit in advance of securitization, and in initial securitization of small balance commercial loans
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency in the successful acquisition of a state guarantor’s FFELP student loan guarantee operations and related assets
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency in the successful acquisition of requisite noteholder consents in connection with multiple outstanding securitized transactions for purposes of electing a new index for purposes of calculating special allowance
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency in the successful acquisition of requisite noteholder consents to the amendment of the Indentures governing three different transactions
- Replacement of Broker-dealers, Auction Agents, Market Agents and other transaction participants in connection with 40 series of student loan asset-backed auction-rate securities
- Representing a federal savings bank client in mortgage and consumer loan portfolio purchases from third-party sellers totaling $8-12 billion annually over a four-year period
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency in the application of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act in servicing federal and private student loans after the release of CFPB and DOE guidance
- New York Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
- Georgetown University, credits earned toward LL.M. in Securities and Financial Regulation
- Wilkes University, MBA
- Wilkes University, B.S.
- New York