Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Harrisburg Market Square
- Phone: 717.255.7357
- Fax: 610.371.7362
- Financial Institutions
- Penn State Dickinson Law School
Mark tries cases frequently across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. For example, he recently tried six cases to verdict, four of them jury trials held in five different counties and a federal court, all in a single year. Mark’s practice spans trial and appellate courts in both the state and federal systems. For example, even more recently, in the space of only a few months, Mark:
- won a jury trial for a bank client;
- argued and obtained a precedential Opinion from the United States Court of Appeals (establishing that there is no set “ratio” between a nominal damages award and a punitive damages award);
- argued before the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court en banc in a high-profile, politically charged matter; and
- obtained substantial sanctions against an adverse party for noncompliance with a court order.
He is an experienced litigator who is comfortable in any courtroom.
For nearly 30 years, he has been involved in the successful representation of major financial institutions regarding commercial, contract and consumer disputes, as well as defending corporate fiduciaries and trust departments regarding issues relating to asset concentrations, asset allocation, asset diversification and “split interest” trusts, among other areas.
Although Mark’s practice encompasses a wide variety of commercial disputes, he focuses on several areas, including equity actions – frequently involving pursuing and defending injunctions – with a particular emphasis on unfair competition and trade secret issues. Mark also devotes a significant amount of his time to appellate practice.
He also represents clients in environmental and land use litigation (including construction and commercial landlord/tenant issues); insurance coverage issues and actions for declaratory relief; and commercial brokerage and commission disputes.
Located in our Harrisburg office, he often practices before the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, representing clients in state agency appeals, as well as original jurisdiction actions involving the Commonwealth, with a particular emphasis on professional licensure defense.
He is also experienced in eminent domain cases and handles many such cases on behalf of a large Pennsylvania state agency. He also has experience in Pennsylvania real estate tax assessment appeals. These hearings and trials focus entirely on issues of appraised market value.
- The Honorable William W. Lipsett Inn of Court, Founding Barrister
- Leadership Harrisburg Area Program, Alumni
- Historic Harrisburg’s Broad Street Market Corporation, Former Chairman of Board of Directors
- Chairman, Dauphin County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, J.D., with honors
- Grinnell College, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit