Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Valley Forge
- Phone: 610.205.6001
- Fax: 610.371.7964
Charlie is the firm’s General Counsel and manages professional responsibility and professional liability risk matters for the firm. He concentrates his practice in complex corporate litigation with a focus on securities, antitrust and corporate governance. He has represented witnesses/potential targets in a number of SEC investigations all of which have concluded in no actions being brought.
Charlie represented Morningstar and its acquired Realpoint business, having successfully defeated plaintiff’s request for injunctive relief. He also represented Mercer Insurance Company in securities-related litigation concerning Mercer’s acquisition by United Fire Insurance Company.
Charlie and his team received a $40 million verdict in favor of client Mike’s Train House, Inc., in a trade secret misappropriation case. He also successfully defended the former Meridian Bank against RICO claims made by a borrower and is involved in a number of patent infringement cases.
Charlie served as a law clerk to the Honorable Arlin M. Adams, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He has lectured at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute programs on “Prosecuting and Defending Customer Claims against Stock Brokers” and “The Conrail Takeover: A Case Study,” and has taught the Basic Civil Practice course sponsored by the Federal Courts Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association. He was an arbitrator for FINRA from 1985 through 2008 and has been a mediator for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania since the inception of its program.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ludington Library, Board of Directors
- Lower Merion Library Foundation, President
- Lower Merion Township, Former Commissioner
- Haverford Civic Association, Past President
As published in Philadelphia magazine, Charlie has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer since the publication’s inception in 2004, including for 2021, having been selected by his peers as among the top 5 percent of lawyers in the Commonwealth.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Princeton University, A.B.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan