Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 215.751.1943
- Fax: 610.371.7954
- Phone: 609.718.0943
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
John represents clients operating in a wide range of industries in commercial bankruptcy proceedings. He also has represented numerous clients in commercial litigation, creditors’ rights actions and out-of-court workouts and loan restructuring in various jurisdictions.
John assists insurers in minimizing their coverage exposure when an insured files for bankruptcy protection. As an active member of the Defense Research Institute, he has authored numerous publications on the risks and opportunities that arise in policyholder bankruptcies.
John also represents several large multiemployer pension plans in bankruptcy cases throughout the United States and has acted to ensure that the pension funds’ statutory and contractual rights are not impaired by the bankruptcy process. John actively pursues aggressive and novel strategies to recover unfunded obligations on behalf of his pension fund clients. He has successfully represented creditors with multi-million dollar secured claims in Chapter 11 proceedings and state court. John has extensive experience in litigation relating to the recovery of secured and unsecured debts in federal and state court.
During law school, John was a legal intern for the Hon. Timothy K. Lewis of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Hon. Gustave Diamond of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Prior to law school, John was a legislative aide for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Small Business chaired by Congressman John J. LaFalce. While on Capitol Hill, John worked on legislation relating to small business and the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D.
- Drexel University, MBA
- Shippensburg University, B.S.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey