Stacey A. Scrivani
- Fax: 610.988.0812
Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 610.478.2086
- Fax: 610.988.0812
- Phone: 302.425.3306
- White Collar Defense and Investigations
Stacey is Co-Chair of Stevens & Lee’s Litigation Department.
She is an experienced commercial litigator who focuses her practice on representing private and public companies, including financial institutions, and their officers and directors in lawsuits with shareholders in the Delaware Chancery Court, Pennsylvania and New Jersey state courts, and in federal court. Stacey’s experience includes defending officers and directors against breach of fiduciary duty and derivative claims, assisting companies with effective use of special litigation committees, advising companies in connection with activist shareholders and in connection with shareholder books and records demands, as well as “Merger Tax” claims that threaten to disrupt shareholder transaction approval. Her practice also includes representation in disputes involving closely held corporations, including dissolutions and appraisal actions.
Stacey also regularly represents the firm’s health care clients in connection with penalty and licensing issues before the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Health Policy Board, the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Bureau of Hearings and Appeals and the Federal Department of Health and Human Services, Departmental Appeals Board.
As a volunteer attorney with Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, Stacey assists victims of domestic violence obtain protection from abuse orders and with related custody matters.
- Successfully defeated injunction filed against board of directors of Pennsylvania gaming company seeking to disrupt shareholder vote on $2.8 Billion transaction
- Represented a national bank and its board members in defending fiduciary duty claims under Delaware law in connection with claims of violations of the Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act
- Successfully defended derivative and direct claims against a Pennsylvania engineering firm and its board of directors from claims by a minority shareholder that the board was excessively compensated and had oppressed the minority shareholder. In a separate action for the same client, successfully defended the corporation’s expert determination of fair value in an appraisal action
- Successfully argued to the Third Circuit on behalf of a skilled nursing facility purchaser for reversal of a district court refusal to honor an asset purchase agreement
- Successfully tried to verdict a national bank’s claim against a personal guarantor of a commercial lending relationship
- Successfully tried to jury verdict a national bank’s foreclosure claim and defense of fraud and forgery by a borrower
- Delaware Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Animal Rescue League, Secretary; Governance Committee, Member
- Philadelphia Diversity Law Group, Board Member
As published in Philadelphia magazine, Stacey was recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2011 through 2014.
- Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, J.D., cum laude
- Siena College, B.A., cum laude
- New Jersey
- West Virginia