Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Valley Forge
- Phone: 610.205.6032
- Fax: 610.371.7986
- Corporate, Finance and Capital Markets
- Private Equity
- Penn State Dickinson Law School
Steve is Co-Chair of Stevens & Lee’s Corporate, Finance and Capital Markets Department, and member of the firm’s Executive and Finance Committees. He focuses his practice on representing private equity funds (including SBICs), independent sponsors, strategic buyers, selling stockholders and management in connection with middle-market merger and acquisition, buyout, control investment, recapitalization and similar transactions. Steve’s experience with such transactions extends to a variety of industries and businesses, including manufacturing, distribution, licensing, business services, medical devices and health care.
Steve also represents investment funds and financial institutions in the negotiation, documentation and structuring of uni-tranche, mezzanine, second-lien subordinate and first-lien senior loan transactions, including syndicated and non-syndicated cash flow, asset-based and other credit facilities, and related equity co-investments.
In addition, Steve serves as corporate counsel to a number of businesses (including private equity portfolio companies) and, in that role, provides assistance in the structuring and negotiation of a variety of commercial transactions, including joint ventures, operating agreements, stockholders’ agreements, equity incentive plans and equity award agreements.
- Represented the selling stockholder of a privately-owned business engaged in the manufacture and distribution of plastic bottles, plastic containers and related closures, in connection with the strategic acquisition of that business by a portfolio company of a private equity fund, and related equity roll-over investment.
- Represented the selling stockholders of a diversified home services business engaged in the real estate brokerage, mortgage banking, title insurance agency and ancillary activities in connection the acquisition of such businesses by a publicly-traded strategic acquirer
- Represented a middle-market private equity buyout fund in connection with a variety of control, recapitalization and related investment transactions, including add-on acquisitions, and related sale-side/exit transactions to both financial sponsors and strategic acquirers
- Represented a large publicly-traded manufacturer and distributor of batteries and related products in connection with its strategic acquisition of a manufacturer and distributor of lithium-ion battery products
- Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, J.D., 1985
- University of Delaware, B.S.B.A., 1982