- Successfully tried to verdict a complex two-week construction case involving three separate public and private projects, implicating owner’s withholding of funds, unapproved change orders, workmanship issues, failure to perform work within contractor’s scope, delay and liquidated damages, owner’s self-performance of incomplete work and claims against state agency for whom work was being performed. The case also involved claims under the Public Payment Act and imposition of attorney’s fees and penalties.
- Represent national electric utility in various real estate and construction litigation matters in Northeastern Pennsylvania, including: (1) multiple blasting and real estate trespass cases; (2) the successful extrication of the client from a litigation matter alleging property damage due to blasting during construction of transmission lines; and (3) defending from claims of alleged damage during construction of a transmission line.
- Represented a developer of a lifestyle shopping center in construction disputes that arose within the first few months of a several-phase project and continued to monitor work progress and related legal issues through project completion, at which time we negotiated the payment of hundreds of thousands of dollars to our client from the defaulting contractor.
- Successfully resolved client’s claims against a municipality for funds improperly withheld at the conclusion of a sewer project.
- Defended material suppliers against claims that defective materials caused property damage or required replacement and repair.
- Prosecuted claims on behalf of client arising from the collapse of an adjacent building into our client’s excavated foundation during a public transit facility project. Multi-party, consolidated cases involve delay and liquidated damages, workmanship issues, owner’s self-performance and termination of contractor.
- Prosecuted private owner’s claims for flooding and water infiltration due to, among other things: deviation from site plans and specifications, grading, inadequate storm drainage, improper installation of waterproofing and flashing and failure to properly install complete and as-specified drainage systems.
- Represented general contractor on large warehouse project in defense of mechanic’s liens claims filed by lower tier subcontractors after subcontractor defaulted on payments to its subcontractors and material suppliers. Included bonding off lien claims and resolving them, then accepting assignment of claims to enable client to pursue claims against subcontractor.