- Higher Education
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 570.969.5362
- Fax: 610.988.0866
Marianne focuses her practice in litigation issues in the areas of construction, toxic torts, product liability and catastrophic casualty, banking, insurance, manufacturing and complex commercial litigation. She represents public utilities, owners and developers, contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers, as well as colleges and universities, utilities, banking institutions, local government, manufacturers and insurance companies in a wide range of litigation matters. She is board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a civil trial advocate and is a Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America. Marianne serves as a commercial and construction arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
Marianne counsels clients regarding risk avoidance and manages construction litigation and dispute resolution proceedings, including mechanics’ lien claims. She has tried and mediated dozens of significant catastrophic casualty cases throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania, including some at the appellate level. Marianne has tried cases involving shareholder disputes, commercial transactions and trade secrets and proprietary information. She also has experience with real estate litigation, including eminent domain/condemnation, quiet title and oil and gas lease litigation throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania, including the Marcellus Shale Region, where she litigates federal claims under the Natural Gas Act.
- Johnson College, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Chair
- The Scranton Plan, Co-Chair
- Circle 200, Board Chair
- Boy Scouts of America, Past Council President
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Northeastern PA Trial Lawyers Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Scranton Lackawanna Industrial Building Co., President
- Scranton Chamber of Commerce, Executive Committee and Board Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member of ABA Forum on Construction
- Federal Bar Association
- American Arbitration Association, Construction/Commercial Neutral Arbitrator
As published in Philadelphia magazine, Marianne was recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer from 2009 through 2020 by being selected by her peers as among the top 5 percent of lawyers in the Commonwealth. She also was a Northeast Pennsylvania Business Journal’s Top 25 Women in Business Honoree for 2010.
Marianne is the recipient of Marywood University’s Award of Excellence in Liberal Arts and Sciences for 2016.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Marywood College, B.A., magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Certified Mediator
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey