Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 610.997.5060
- Fax: 610.371.8411
- Real Estate
- Tax-Exempt Finance
- Higher Education
- State and Local Government
Blake concentrates his practice on higher education, real estate and municipal law.
As Chair of the Higher Education Group, he coordinates industry-specific projects for college and university clients. His nearly 40 years of higher education experience includes strategic consulting, mergers and acquisitions, faculty evaluations, tenure and discipline, Title IX policies and compliance, student affairs, handbooks, codes of conduct, policies and procedures, Greek organization issues, NCAA compliance and defense, and exigency planning.
In his real estate practice, he serves as lead counsel for projects as diverse as health care campuses, regional business headquarters, multi-municipality planned residential developments, condominiums, ground leases, industrial reuses and commercial and industrial land developments. He represents brokers, purchasers and sellers, developers, municipalities, syndicators and lenders in zoning, regulatory, leasing, historic rehabilitation, land development and subdivision matters.
As a municipal attorney, he has counseled more than 50 communities statewide, has served as solicitor for municipalities in three counties, including South Whitehall, a township of the first class; Lower Macungie and Cromwell, townships of the second class; Whitehall, a home rule charter community; the Borough of Bath; and the South Whitehall Township Authority.
As a lecturer and writer, Blake has written, taught and presented on behalf of teaching organizations such as the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR), the Council of Independent Colleges, In Trust, the Center for Theological Schools, the Pennsylvania Planning Association, the Pennsylvania Municipal League and the Pennsylvania Society of Land Surveyors. He has authored land use material for the American Bar Association Journal The Urban Lawyer and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
- Muhlenberg College, Former Trustee and Board Officer
- Pennsylvania Planning Association
- Pennsylvania League of Cities and Municipalities, Lecturer
- Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation
- Lower Macungie Township Historical Commission, Chair
- Republican State Committeeman, NECRA Chair
- Good Shepherd Home and Rehabilitation Hospital, Former Member of Board of Trustees, Past Chair
- Philadelphia Post-Acute Partners, LLC, Board Member and Officer
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Counsel
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- PA Shakespeare Festival, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Temple University School of Law, J.D.
- Muhlenberg College, B.A.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania