Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- New York
- Phone: 212.537.0409
- Fax: 610.371.1237
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
- Litigation Finance and Alternative Funding
- St. John's University School of Law
Dean represents closely held corporations in Chapter 11 bankruptcies, creditors’ committees and Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees. Dean has significant experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in insolvency-related litigation in state and federal court, including claims involving preferences and fraudulent transfers.
Dean has extensive experience in commercial litigation in New York State and federal trial and appellate courts routinely representing banks, credit unions and mortgage servicers in lending, mortgage and collection-related litigation involving alleged violations of the National Bank Act, the Truth in Lending Act (including HOEPA), the Real Estate Settlement and Procedures Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Fair Credit Billing Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Civil Relief Act.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Hellenic Lawyers Association of New York
Dean is a recipient of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) Medal of Excellence and has been recognized as a New York Metro Super Lawyer for three straight years from 2013 through 2015 by being selected by his peers as among the top 5 percent of lawyers in the New York City metro area.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- Cornell University, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit