Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Valley Forge
- Phone: 610.205.6011
- Fax: 610.236.4188
- Phone: 610.478.2093
- Health Care
- Health Care
- George Mason University School of Law
Dan focuses his practice on healthcare matters including tax, regulatory, corporate and transactional issues, and has represented healthcare systems, hospitals, managed care organizations, accountable care organizations, clinically integrated provider networks, group purchasing organizations, post-acute care providers, medical laboratories, physician practices, pharmacies, and other healthcare providers. He advises clients on a variety of issues involving fraud and abuse laws, tax-exempt organization matters, state and federal licensure and regulation of healthcare entities and managed care organizations/insurance companies, corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, healthcare contracting, group purchasing and physician compensation.
Dan has presented and written on various healthcare, regulatory and tax issues affecting the healthcare organizations including, among others, healthcare reform initiatives and new payment models, fraud and abuse matters, accountable care organizations, federal tax reform and tax exemption requirements for Section 501(c)(3) hospital facilities under Section 501(r) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In law school, Dan served as a member of the George Mason Law Review and as Managing Editor of The Docket.
- Represented ophthalmology practice and surgery center in a sale to a strategic private equity-funded purchaser
- Represented otolaryngology (ENT) practice in its acquisition of/consolidation with various independent practices
- Represented national health system in its acquisition of a regional health system
- Represented multiple health systems in establishing a clinically integrated provider network
- Represented various tax-exempt healthcare and related organizations in connection with obtaining tax-exempt status and/or public charity status classification/reclassification from the IRS
- Represented health system in asset sale of certain acute care hospital and medical group operations
- Represented regional health system in an affiliation/integration transaction with another regional health system
- Represented regional health system in the acquisition of a local health system
- Represented regional health system in the sale of managed care operations
- Represented multi-campus health system in corporate realignment transaction involving regional health system
- Obtained real estate tax exemption on behalf of multi-use health care complex owned by regional health system
- Represented health system in sale of long-term acute care hospital operations
- Represented regional health system in acquisition of large cardiology group practice
- Advised national laboratory service provider in payor negotiations, vendor contracts and regulatory matters, and assisted in the sale of ownership interest to private equity investors
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association – Health Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude (first in class)
- The Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, B.A. and B.S., high distinction, with honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey