- Energy, Communications and Public Utility
- Temple University School of Law
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 610.478.2216
- Fax: 610.988.0846
Don is Co-Chair of Stevens & Lee’s Environmental Group. A former consulting geologist, he has more than 30 years of experience providing professional environmental services to commercial, industrial and manufacturing clients, developers, municipalities and economic development agencies. In addition to being a lawyer, Don is a Pennsylvania-licensed professional geologist and concentrates his practice on the various environmental issues associated with a wide variety of industries, including the domestic natural gas industry and related natural gas gathering, processing, transportation and other infrastructure projects.
Using his considerable experience and technical background, Don remains current on rapidly evolving legal issues affecting the natural gas industry, counsels clients on state voluntary cleanup programs and assists them in formulating and implementing cost-effective cleanup strategies. He also advises clients in the due diligence process, identifying, evaluating and allocating environmental risks associated with corporate M&A, health care consolidation and real estate transactions and in negotiating environmental insurance coverage to facilitate transactions.
As a member of the firm’s Energy Group, Don has also represented large commercial energy users in electric utility base rate cases before the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority, the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities.
With respect to Brownfields development, Don assists municipal entities, economic development agencies and private developers in obtaining financial incentives, conducting due diligence, procuring environmental insurance coverage and formulating and implementing cleanup plans to achieve the liability protection necessary to acquire blighted property for redevelopment purposes.
In April 2008, State Senator Joe Scarnati appointed Don to serve on Pennsylvania’s Cleanup Standards Scientific Advisory Board.
- Pennsylvania Council of Professional Geologists, President (2015), Executive Committee (2014-2016), Board of Directors (2008-2016)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Environmental & Energy Law Section
- Energy Bar Association
- Energy Association of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Berks County Bar Association
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Miami, B.S. in Geology, cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania