Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Valley Forge
- Phone: 610.205.6014
- Fax: 610.371.7969
- Health Care
- Health Care
- Higher Education
Harriet is Co-Chair of Stevens & Lee’s Health Care Department. She focuses her practice exclusively on health law, representing the spectrum of providers that comprise the health care industry. Her clients include health care systems, general acute care and specialty hospitals, long term care facilities, physicians and physician group practices, clinically integrated networks, ambulatory surgery centers, radiation therapy centers and imaging centers. She provides business, structural and regulatory advice in connection with complex transactions and regulatory compliance advice in the areas of fraud and abuse, Stark and the False Claims Act. In addition, she counsels clients in matters concerning licensure, accreditation, reimbursement, medical staff and contracting.
Prior to joining Stevens & Lee and prior to entering private practice, Harriet was Director of Planning, Marketing and Legal Affairs at a hospital in north central Pennsylvania. She also has a clinical background in the area of radiologic technology. Her health care industry experience coupled with her professional degrees in health care disciplines provide a distinct advantage in dealing with the policies, practices and demands of health care clients.
Harriet is a contributor to the Health Law Observer blog.
Harriet has represented a range of health care organizations in various transactional and expansion efforts:
- Bloomsburg Health System
- Affiliation with Geisinger Health System
- Acquisition of Bloomsburg Health Care Center
- Blue Mountain Health System
- Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital in its affiliation with Palmerton Hospital to form Blue Mountain Health System
- Affiliation with St. Luke’s University Health Network
- The Centers of Advanced Urology, LLP d/b/a Midlantic Urology in its affiliation with Solaris Health Holdings, LLC
- Concord Hospital, Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of LRGHealthcare (NH)
- Community Medical Center Healthcare System in its affiliation with Geisinger Health System
- Frankford Hospital in its acquisition of Delaware Valley Medical Center
- Greater Hazleton Health Alliance in its affiliation with Lehigh Valley Health Network
- The Guthrie Clinic
- Acquisition of Cortland Regional Medical Center
- Acquisition of Memorial Hospital of Towanda
- Merger of Memorial Hospital of Towanda into Robert Packer Hospital
- Lancaster General Health
- Affiliation with The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
- Sale of Maple Farm Nursing Center to Garden Spot Village, Lancaster
- Main Line Health in the merger of Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital into Main Line Health Hospitals, Inc.
- Mercy Health System (now Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic)
- Sale of Mercy Suburban Hospital to Prime Health Foundation
- Sale of St. Agnes Long Term Care Hospital to Triumph HealthCare
- Sale of St. Agnes Medical Center’s short-term acute care operations to Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, and assisted with establishment of a new long-term acute care hospital/continuing care facility at St. Agnes
- Transfer of assets of Mercy Hospital-Philadelphia to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Crozer-Keystone Health System
- UPMC/UPMC Susquehanna (formerly Susquehanna Health System)
- Affiliation with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Acquisition of Laurel Health System
- Divine Providence Hospital in its acquisition of Muncy Valley Hospital
- Acquisition of Cole Memorial Hospital
- Acquisition of Lock Haven Hospital and Sunbury Community Hospital from Community Health Systems.
- Temple University Health System in its acquisition of Fox Chase Cancer Center
- WellSpan Health
- York Health System in its affiliation with Gettysburg Hospital to form WellSpan Health
- Acquisition of Summit Health
- Acquisition of Philhaven
- Acquisition of Good Samaritan Health System
- Acquisition of Ephrata Community Hospital
- Woman’s Medical Hospital in its acquisition of Medical College of Pennsylvania from Tenet
Long Term Care Transactions
- Lackawanna County in its sale of Lackawanna County Health Care Center to Millennium Management, LLC
- Little Flower Manor of the Diocese of Scranton in its acquisition of St. Luke’s Villa from Community Health Systems
- Luzerne County in its sale of Valley Crest Nursing Home to Complete Healthcare Resources, Inc.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Temple University School of Law, J.D.
- Temple University, MBA, Health Administration
- Thomas Jefferson University, B.S.