Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 610.478.2265
- Fax: 610.988.0855
- Corporate, Finance and Capital Markets
- Energy, Communications and Public Utility
Linda is Chair of Stevens & Lee’s Energy, Communications and Public Utility Group. She represents public utilities and other companies in matters before governmental and regulatory agencies, including the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and New Jersey Board of Public Utilities. With over 18 years of experience as in-house counsel, Linda provides significant and practical experience to help clients achieve favorable results that are cost-effective and make a positive impact on their financial conditions.
Prior to joining Stevens & Lee, Linda served as long-time in-house counsel for FirstEnergy, one of the largest investor-owned utilities in the nation.
An experienced regulatory lawyer, she handles the following on behalf of utilities and major corporations:
- Rate cases
- Default service issues
- Smart grid cost recovery issues
- Smart meter privacy policies and communications plans
- Alternative energy portfolio standards issues
- Reliability concerns
- Inspection and maintenance matters
- Customer complaint cases
- Compliance issues
- Energy RFPs and auctions
- Tariff filings
Linda has leveraged her utility experience to assist large corporations with energy procurement and utility expense management resulting in significant financial savings.
A consultant on smart grid issues, Linda has educated utilities nationally and internationally on smart meter privacy and health concerns, as well as overall smart grid cost recovery methods. She provides insight on regulatory smart grid cases on the state and federal levels. She was a participating member of the NIST Smart Grid Interoperability Panel (SGIP), a national working group which advises regulatory agencies on national smart grid standards, and is an active member of the Department of Energy (DOE) Smart Grid Customer Engagement Working Group. In addition, Linda was an invited participant in the inaugural meeting of DOE’s Minorities in Energy Initiative to address shared challenges in the areas of energy economic development, STEM education and climate change.
As a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, Linda has been recognized by her peers as among the top one percent of attorneys in Pennsylvania who demonstrate exemplary legal leadership and community advocacy. She is a past recipient of the Berks County Presidential Award of Merit for promoting diversity in the legal profession by teaching business law to grade school children. Additionally, she is one of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Epsilon Sigma Omega’s 65th Anniversary Community Partner Honorees, as well as a member of The National Black Lawyers Top 100.
- Energy Bar Association; Demand-Side Resources & Smart Grid Committee, Past-Chair
- Energy Association of Pennsylvania, Electric Regulatory Committee, Affiliate Member
- Sustainable Energy Fund, Board of Directors
- American Association of Blacks in Energy
- Forbes Legal Counsel
- The Forum of Executive Women
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color®
- Epsilon Sigma Omega Chapter, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Glad Services, Board of Directors, Pro Bono Director
- American Heart Association, Greater Philadelphia Chapter, Multicultural Advisory Committee
- American Heart Association, Great Rivers Affiliate, Director-at-Large
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Minority Bar Committee, Former Member
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Barrister’s Association of Philadelphia
- Berks County Bar Association, Lawyers in the Classroom Volunteer
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
As a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, Linda has been recognized by her peers as among the top one percent of attorneys in Pennsylvania who demonstrate exemplary legal leadership and community advocacy. She is also a past recipient of the Berks County Presidential Award of Merit for promoting diversity in the legal profession by teaching business law to grade school children. Additionally, she is one of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Epsilon Sigma Omega’s 65th Anniversary Community Partner Honorees, as well as a member of The National Black Lawyers Top 100.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D.
- Northwestern University, B.S.
- New Jersey
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate, USF Office of Corporate Training and Professional Education