Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- New York
- Phone: 646.254.6381
- Fax: 610.371.8591
- Intellectual Property
Michael brings a depth of strategy and understanding to intellectual property litigation matters that reach district and appellate courts. His practice spans patent, copyright, trade secret and telecommunication issues, and he has particular experience with IP litigation issues in the areas of solid-state lighting, software, solid-state memory, camera sensors and semiconductor processing. His experience also extends to broader areas of optics, rocketry, pharmaceuticals and biologics. Patent owners and defendants often rely on Michael’s strategic approach to litigation, which combines nuanced technical knowledge with a seasoned record of handling cases at district and appellate levels.
Michael also routinely provides counsel on the use of Inter Partes Reviews (IPR) as part of litigation and settlement strategy, and has served as counsel in technology-related IPRs on behalf of patent owners and defendants. Additionally, he also maintains an active appellate practice and litigates regularly in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Michael served as a Law Clerk to the Hon. Timothy B. Dyk of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with highest honors
- Order of the Coif
- Florida State University, M.S., Physics
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.S., Physics
- New York
*Not admitted to practice in New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office