- Administrative Law and Government Contracts
- Real Estate
- State and Local Tax
- Higher Education
- State and Local Government
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- Of Counsel
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 609.243.6424
- Fax: 610.371.7914
Ryan represents private and government clients in all aspects of real estate acquisition, lending and development, with particular emphasis on land use, redevelopment, condemnation and commercial transactions.
Ryan himself serves on a municipal land use board and assists clients with the entire planning and zoning process for projects of all sizes. He represents property owners in real estate tax appeals throughout the state of New Jersey, including the management of entire investor portfolios for institutional clients. For development projects in New Jersey, he has advised both government and private entities in the area of state and local tax incentive programs, including negotiating PILOT agreements, tax abatements and redevelopment area bonds. He also regularly advises clients on New Jersey election, campaign finance and pay-to-play law as well as government procurement and municipal law.
In addition, Ryan acts as redevelopment and condemnation counsel for both public and private parties, guiding numerous projects from start to finish. Of note, he has served as special outside counsel for one of the first transit villages in New Jersey; successfully argued one of the seminal wetlands valuation cases in New Jersey – [NJ Transit v. Mori, 435 N.J. Super. 425 (App. Div. 2014)] – and managed a team of attorneys representing the State of New Jersey in several large beach protection property acquisition projects.
Ryan also advises clients on corporate formation matters, and serves as lender’s counsel to New Jersey financial institutions, both in loan documentation and in all aspects of negotiated work-outs, including representing lenders in commercial paper transactions and in the disposition of distressed assets, developments and condominiums.
Ryan is a former Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Joseph L. Yannotti, New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division. While in law school, he was a member of the Seton Hall Circuit Review Journal.
- Hopewell Valley YMCA, President, Board of Directors
- Friends of Hopewell Valley Open Space, Vice President, Board of Directors
- RWJ Hamilton Hospital Foundation, Trustee; and former Hospital Audit Committee Member
- Township of Lawrence Growth and Redevelopment Committee, Former Vice-Chair
- Hopewell Borough Council
- Hopewell Borough Planning Board, Mayor’s Designee and Redevelopment and Affordable Housing Subcommittees Member
- Hopewell Borough Economic Development Committee
- Princeton Regional/MIDJersey Chamber of Commerce; Hopewell Valley Former Chapter Chair
- New Jersey Association of Railroad Passengers
- Princeton Area Community Foundation; Professional Advisors Committee and NextGen Giving Circle
As published in the New Jersey Law Journal, Ryan was named one of the New Leaders of the Bar in 2017. He was also recognized as a New Jersey Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2014 through 2020.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Boston College, B.A.
- New Jersey