Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Harrisburg Market Square
- Phone: 717-255-7351
- Fax: 610-988-0811
- Real Estate
Sean has over two decades of experience with virtually all aspects of real estate law, and maintains a particular focus on real estate acquisition, financing, development, operation and disposition as well as corporate matters. He represents domestic and international clients that include owners and developers as well as lenders, investors, private equity funds and family offices. Clients frequently rely on Sean’s strategic guidance, which emphasizes pragmatic legal approaches and solutions to achieving business needs and goals.
Sean’s representations span various real estate sectors, including residential, office, commercial, medical office, hospital, retail, industrial, energy, multifamily housing, student housing, manufacturing, mining, lodging and mixed-use projects. He assists property owners with property identification, financing and acquisition, commercial and residential land development, retail and commercial leasing, tax assessment litigation and property disposition, among other capabilities. His experience also extends to assisting with land use matters including local and state permitting and licensing issues, and stormwater and wastewater permitting.
In the area of real estate finance, Sean represents lenders, investors and developers in facilitating the gamut of transactional opportunities, including construction, mezzanine, and permanent financing, equity investments, and in workouts and restructuring of underperforming assets. He has also provided guidance on business financing, capitalization and management.
A sampling of Sean’s representative experience includes:
- Representing a Tennessee-based preferred developer for Dollar General Stores in the ongoing acquisition, financing, entitlement, development and leasing of over 100 build-to-suit retail sites in Pennsylvania
- Representing a Wisconsin-based private equity health care real estate company in the acquisition, development and leasing of medical office buildings, micro-surgical facilities, and satellite emergency rooms in South Carolina, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Idaho
- Representing Volvo Construction Equipment in the acquisition, permitting, development and construction of a LEED-registered factory and headquarters expansion in Central Pennsylvania, as well as, an adjacent customer demonstration center
- Representing a French beverage company in the acquisition of spring water sites in Pennsylvania
- Representing a private equity firm in the acquisition of a mineral extraction company in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Representing a global roofing manufacturer in the acquisition, permitting and development of roofing membrane and insulation plants in Central Pennsylvania
- Representing a national healthcare provider in the expansion of a children’s hospital in Philadelphia
- Representing a London based private equity fund, as lender, in non-traditional mezzanine financing associated with the redevelopment of a hospitality property in Brooklyn, New York
- Representing a Hong Kong listed real estate company in the restructuring of U.S. assets and financing liabilities amongst U.S. subsidiaries
- Representing a lender in the financing of the redevelopment of the Philadelphia Inquirer Building in Philadelphia as the new Police Headquarters for The City of Philadelphia
- Representing a high-end residential multi-family developer in the acquisition and development of properties in Florida, Texas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and New York
- Representing an international discount retailer in the acquisition and leasing of properties for development and expansion of discount stores, including land use, zoning and local and state permitting
- Representing an international retailer and its regional subsidiary in the expansion of retail operations to include the sale of petroleum products, and obtaining necessary land development approvals for specific sites in Pennsylvania
- Representing a Chinese syndicate lender in connection with the U.S. $1 billion refinancing of a hospitality portfolio including iconic New York hotel properties
- Representing a Pennsylvania based private equity real estate firm in the acquisition and development of student housing projects in Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and California
- Representing a European automobile manufacturer in connection with the acquisition, permitting and development of a 2.3-million square foot plant in South Carolina
- Representing an international wireless communications company in tax assessment litigation matters and negative asset portfolio management
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Delaney & Sons, Co-Founder
- Creative Education, Inc., Founding Board Member
- Harrisburg Academy, Former Board Member, Board of Trustees
- United States Sailing Team, Former Member
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges, B.A.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania