Distressed ESOP Companies
When an ESOP company is distressed, a trustee must explore all options to ensure the best outcome for shareholders, and an experienced advisor can help. Stevens & Lee’s affiliate Griffin Financial Group, a FINRA-licensed investment bank, provides financial advisory and investment banking services to ESOP-owned companies and trustees in connection with financially stressed situations and transactions.
Griffin has extensive knowledge of all aspects of creditor relations and related issues, and is experienced in working with existing lenders to assist clients until all pertinent transactional possibilities are explored. Services include:
- Recapitalizations and refinancings at all levels of the capital structure, including replacing senior debt from bank and non-bank specialty financing sources and debtor-in-possession and Chapter 11 exit financing
- Balance sheet restructuring, including note restructuring and repricing, debt-to-equity conversions and recapitalizations
- Strategic alternatives analysis, including stand-alone plans, sale of some or all of a client’s businesses and/or refinance of existing debt
- Planning for Chapter 11 and out-of-court settlements
- Analyzing management’s business plan and financial projections
Griffin’s financial restructuring team is comprised of experienced deal professionals with backgrounds in the areas of law, lending, accounting and tax. All professionals bring an in-depth experience in the bankruptcy process, and the insolvency and special situations arena.