Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 215.496.3827
- Fax: 610.371.8507
- Labor and Employment
Alex concentrates his practice in labor and employment law. He counsels employers on federal, state and local employment and discrimination laws, including issues involving discipline, terminations and reductions-in-force, family and medical leave, collective bargaining and unfair labor practices, employee restrictive covenant agreements, reasonable accommodations under the ADA and wage and hour compliance. When necessary, Alex defends employers in litigation before federal and state courts and administrative agencies and in private arbitration. In addition, he has experience writing employee handbooks and policies, employment contracts and separation agreements and affirmative action plans.
Trained in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), Alex serves as a volunteer mediator with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and helps parties amicably resolve their differences early in the employment discrimination litigation process. He is also a Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Compulsory Arbitration Panelist.
Immediately following law school, Alex served as a law clerk to Justice Correale F. Stevens of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. While in law school, he was a Senior Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law and was awarded the Distinguished Editor title for Volume 15.4. Alex also served as an extern for U.S. Congressman Gregory W. Meeks through Penn Law’s Legislative Clinic program.
Alex enjoys giving back to the community and has proudly served as a Homeless Advocacy Project volunteer coordinator and as a Philadelphia VIP pro bono legal services provider.
- Best Lawyers in America, “Ones to Watch” in the Labor and Employment Law – Management practice area (2021 – present)
- Super Lawyers, Pennsylvania “Rising Star” in the area of Labor and Employment, 2023
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., summa cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court of the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania