Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 610.478.2084
- Fax: 610.988.0844
- Wealth Planning, Trusts and Estates
- Duke Law School
Tom is Co-Chair of Stevens & Lee’s Estates and Trusts Practice Group. He concentrates his practice in estate and tax planning, fiduciary administration, litigation of fiduciary matters and consulting with banks and trust companies on matters of fiduciary administration. He serves as a mediator of disputes arising from the administration of trusts and estates and as an expert witness on fiduciary matters throughout Pennsylvania.
Tom is Vice Chair of the Pennsylvania Joint State Government Commission’s Advisory Committee on Decedents’ Estates Laws. He served as the reporter and chairman of that group’s Subcommittee which drafted the Pennsylvania Uniform Trust Act, enacted into law in 2006 as the first complete codification of trust law in Pennsylvania and a model for other states.
Tom is a frequent speaker on estate planning, the Uniform Trust Act and fiduciary litigation for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and other organizations. He developed the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s programs on Estate Planning for Subsequent Marriages and the Uniform Trust Act.
- Pennsylvania Joint State Government Commission Advisory Committee on Decedents’ Estates Laws, Vice Chair; Former Chair, Pennsylvania Uniform Trust Act Subcommittee
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Tower Health System, Board Chair
- Reading Health System, Past Chair
- Reading Musical Foundation, Former Chair
- The Reading Public Museum Endowment Committee, Former Chair
- Alvernia University, Trustee
- Berks County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
As published in Philadelphia magazine, Tom has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer continually since 2004, having been selected by his peers as among the top 5 percent of lawyers in the Commonwealth in this fields of practice. He has also been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America and was named 2014, 2015 and 2019 Lawyer of the Year in the Reading area in the field of trusts and estates law and trusts and estates litigation.
Tom is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, a national organization of lawyers elected to membership by demonstrating the highest level of integrity, commitment to the profession, competence and experience.
- Duke Law School, J.D., with distinction
- Dickinson College, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit