Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Harrisburg Market Square
- Phone: 717.255.7356
- Fax: 610.371.7368
- Real Estate
- Temple University School of Law
Charlie concentrates his practice in real estate with an emphasis on land development. He represents landowners and developers in obtaining municipal approvals for residential, commercial and industrial developments and appears before local planning commissions, governing bodies and zoning hearing boards throughout south central Pennsylvania.
Charlie has successfully challenged municipal land development decisions and zoning hearing board decisions in the Courts of Common Pleas and the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court. He has also successfully brought and defended procedural challenges to the adoption of municipal zoning ordinances.
Prior to attending law school, Charlie worked as a geostatistician in the South African gold mining industry, where he tested and implemented underground sampling methods and procedures and valuated gold and other ore reserves. Today, he uses his technical background, analytical skills and understanding of spatial components to gain a thorough understanding of the engineering and other technical aspects of a land development project, which helps his clients gain successful municipal approvals.
- Rickert v. Latimore Township Zoning Hearing Board, 64 Pa. D.&C.4th 140 (Adams County, 2003), affirmed, 869 A.2d 1086 (Pa. Cmwlth., 2005)
- Kohr v. Lower Windsor Twp. Board of Supervisors, 867 A.2d 755 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2004)
- Whary v. Zerbe Township Zoning Hearing Board, 683 A.2d 1294 (Pa. Cmwlth 1996)
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, M.S. in Mining Engineering
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania