Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 609.987.7050
- Fax: 610.371.8506
- Intellectual Property
- Technology, Telecommunications and Life Sciences
- Rutgers University School of Law–Newark
Elliott has more than 40 years of experience providing legal services to enterprises that develop, market and utilize intellectual property. He has assisted a wide range of businesses from development stage companies to publicly-traded multi-nationals in the automotive, banking, computer, defense, e-commerce, energy, gaming, health care and software industries, including, more recently, in e-commerce, cloud computing and cybersecurity.
Elliott has assisted in a variety of transactions involving the development, marketing, acquisition, sale and licensing of copyrights, domains, patents, trademarks, trade-secrets and other intellectual property assets. He has assisted government contractors and American exporters to comply with federal regulations regarding the sale of goods and services.
He regularly practices before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and has been involved in sophisticated intellectual property litigation, arbitration and mediation in U.S. and foreign courts.
Elliott also has extensive international experience gained as a partner at a law firm with active Asian and European practices. On the import side, he has experience in dealing with countervailing and other import duties. On the export side, Elliott has advised and arranged for commodity classification exemptions, advised on International Trading of Arms (ITAR) regulations and developed export policies for clients involved in exporting goods and technology.
He has chaired the American Bar Association’s Subcommittee on Technology Transfers by Universities and Colleges and the Association’s Subcommittee on Trademark Licensing. Elliott has lectured widely on issues related to technology, e-commerce and computer law. In 2009, Elliott co-authored the chapter, “Understanding Trademark and Copyright Developments for Online Content,” of Inside the Minds (Aspatore Books).
- Computer Law Association
- International Law Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Rutgers Alumni Association
- Rutgers University School of Law – Newark, J.D.
- State University of New York, B.A.
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California