- Fax: 610.371.7989
Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 609.718.0979
- Fax: 610.371.7989
- Intellectual Property
Co-Chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice and a registered patent attorney, John is an accomplished IP strategist who provides legal counseling to a diverse group of clients, ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. He and his team assist clients with harvesting, securing, protecting and optimizing the value of their IP assets and innovations. His representation spans a range of technology and engineering sectors, including electrical, electro-mechanical, software, telecommunications, informatics, nutraceuticals, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and sustainable energy technology, among others. Clients often rely on John’s depth of experience and strategy to assist with the full lifecycle of their intellectual property needs – from inception to monetization through assertion, licensing, mergers and acquisitions.
John also counsels large corporations in the procurement, management and strategy of extensive worldwide IP portfolios, as well as smaller companies in the development of asset protection and portfolio management.
John’s legal practice is backed by his previous engineering experience, giving technical depth and understanding to his IP legal counsel. He provides pragmatic IP guidance that aligns with his clients’ particular business strategies. As a thought leader in his field, John has spoken on various topics in the areas of patents, trademarks, copyrights, licensing, IP due diligence and monetization.
- New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- The Licensing Executives Society, Member
- Prevention First, Inc., Board Member, President Emeritus
- Preferred Behavioral Health Group, Board Member
John is recognized as a leading patent professional in New Jersey in the 2022 issue of IAM Patent 1000, an industry resource that undertakes comprehensive research to spotlight firms and individuals who are deemed as outstanding in the area of patent law.
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, J.D.
- Rutgers University, College of Engineering, B.S.E.E.
- New Jersey
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit