Stevens & Lee’s environmental group assists clients with transactions involving real property acquisition or divestiture, plant closings or relocations, property portfolio acquisitions and corporate mergers, reorganizations and acquisitions and Brownfields development. Our attorneys have extensive experience conducting due diligence and compliance audits, identifying and quantifying environmental risks associated with a transaction and negotiating environmental provisions of key transactional documents, including real property purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, commercial and industrial leases and merger agreements.
Our transactional representations include:
- Hospital/health care facility acquisitions involving multiple regional hospital campuses and associated health care facilities
- Private Equity Group and Venture Capital transactions involving the acquisition or divestiture of various light industrial/manufacturing operations
- Environmental liability transfers involving underutilized and impaired former industrial properties
- Commercial client with an extensive real estate portfolio, assisting with new property acquisitions, leasing, and divestitures, environmental regulatory compliance and Brownfields redevelopment
- Retail motor fuel and convenience store clients, advising on property acquisitions/divestitures and leasing, underground storage tank indemnification fund issues and site remediation