Environmental Regulatory Compliance
We place a heavy emphasis on preventive environmental law by collaborating with clients to implement practices intended to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental requirements. We prepare and review company environmental, health and safety policies and compliance plans and work with in-house counsel, corporate and plant personnel to implement compliance strategies.
Our regulatory advice encompasses such matters as:
- Represent manufacturing client in planning and implementing the client’s environmental compliance auditing project for its facilities in North America
- Assisting clients with voluntary reporting of environmental violations/noncompliance under state and federal self-audit policies
- Represent manufacturing client before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to address alleged solid and hazardous waste violations
- Advise developer in negotiations with a township, state Conservation Department and Fish and Boat Commission and federal EPA on issues including wetlands development, endangered species and mitigation
- Counsel food processor on risk management plan issues