Brownfields and Site Remediation
Stevens & Lee has a long history of facilitating reuse and redevelopment of underutilized former industrial properties. Our attorneys assist municipal entities, redevelopment authorities, economic development agencies, nonprofit economic development corporations and corporations and private developers to obtain financial incentives, evaluate due diligence and quantify environmental risks, formulate cost-effective cleanup plans, negotiate remediation agreements and obtain liability protections. One of our attorneys has considerable experience negotiating and obtaining pollution legal liability and remediation stop-loss insurance policies to facilitate redevelopment.
We have been involved in multiple Brownfields redevelopment projects:
- Conversion of a former factory into an art complex
- Redevelopment of former industrial properties into a municipal multi-purpose sports and entertainment venue
- Redevelopment of a multi-block inner-city area into a convention center
- Redevelopment of a former foundry into an emergency management training facility
- Redevelopment of a former foundry into a modern industrial park
Our in-depth technical knowledge allows us to evaluate current remedial strategies, projected costs, outcomes and legacy issues to assist clients in achieving practical, cost-effective remedial options to meet their long-term goals.