Real Estate Transactions
Stevens & Lee assists clients with all types of real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, joint ventures, leases, securitizations, sale/leaseback transactions, IRC section 1031 exchanges, limited partnership syndications, REIT formation and financing and tax credit syndications.
We draft and negotiate agreements of sale, leases, entity governance documents and financing documents and governmental incentive agreements, as well as myriad other property-related documents. We assist clients in the performance of due diligence inspections and investigations and in the review and analysis of documents and materials regarding all aspects of a real estate transaction.
In addition, we have substantial experience in the purchase and sale of properties with past or present environmental remediation issues. We regularly work with owners and development/management companies in structuring and negotiating contracts to manage both development projects and operating properties.
We have managed numerous transactions for diverse types of clients:
- Represented a client in the $283 million sale/leaseback of one million square feet of office space (one of the largest real estate transactions ever in New Jersey)
- Served as lead counsel in a multi-state sale/leaseback transaction involving over 130 properties and as lead counsel in the acquisition, development, financing and construction of numerous corporate campuses, including campuses for a large, publicly traded international pharmaceutical company and the North American headquarters campus for an international pharmaceutical and clinical research and development company
- Represented one of the largest thrifts in the country with its long-term contract with a national real estate company for management of its entire portfolio of branch, office and operations center properties
- Represented one of the world’s largest multi-national telecommunications companies in the build-out of its PCS Wireless Phone Network
- Represented a federally chartered, publicly traded national financial institution in the financing and partnership development of multi-family projects
- Represented many major U.S. real estate companies in the development and financing of substantial single- and multi-use projects including large residential projects, shopping centers and malls, office buildings and office parks, industrial facilities and industrial parks, marine facilities, hotels, hospitals, and other specialty properties
- Represented a prime investor in the formation of a limited partnership that acquired a package of 30 office buildings from a REIT