Senior Investor Compliance Services
Stevens & Lee engages with financial services firms to enhance their efforts to prevent or mitigate harm resulting from elder financial exploitation, scams and other sophisticated fraud directed at their clients – no matter their age. Our team offers the support needed to quickly and efficiently handle the increasingly thorny and complex issues that arise when exploitation is suspected or alleged.
Our work can be scaled to firms of any size, and we provide packaged programs specifically intended to reach unserved or underserved firms desiring the benefits of experienced help but who cannot afford to staff specialists. Financial advisory firms, banks, credit unions and their agents frequently need guidance about how to respond quickly – time is of the essence when harm is suspected. Stevens & Lee’s Senior Investor Compliance Services team has the experience to navigate interventions, reporting and other engagement with securities regulatory, adult protective services and other law enforcement agencies.
Failing to properly manage this process in a timely manner creates potential civil and regulatory liability for firms and their agents. Stevens & Lee has extensive experience working to prevent harm to investors and offers a suite of services to help firms help their clientele. Importantly, the team includes attorneys with deep field experience who have been involved in elder and at-risk investor fraud prevention efforts for more than two decades.
Stevens & Lee’s services include:
- Build senior/at-risk investor protection programs
- Audit existing programs
- Train personnel to detect and report exploitation, including to qualify for reporting immunity
- Quality control operational process
- On-call advisory services, client interventions to mitigate harm, interpleader actions, and assistance with guardianship and power of attorney problems
- Interface with regulatory agencies, law enforcement and other counterparties