Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 215.508.3254
- Fax: 610.988.0838
- ESOPs - Employee Stock Ownership Plans
For more than 25 years, Avery has counseled businesses and their owners on how to incorporate employee ownership into their business succession plans. He represents closely held businesses and their selling shareholders, ESOP sponsors and ESOP fiduciaries in transactions involving employer securities.
Avery works with companies and their owners in the planning, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of ESOPs. He also helps clients with IRS and Department of Labor examinations and audits, and in the resolution of plan defects, including the submission of plan corrections under both the IRS and Department of Labor correction programs.
In addition, Avery assists companies with executive compensation, welfare plan and employee benefit plan issues that are a part of these and other transactions.
- The ESOP Association – Legislative and Regulatory Committee Member
- Ohio Employee Ownership Center
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ruffing Montessori School, Board of Trustees Member and Vice-President
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D.
- Case Western Reserve University, B.S., Accounting