- Corporate, Finance and Capital Markets
- Intellectual Property
- Technology, Telecommunications and Life Sciences
- University of Virginia School of Law
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 609.987.6650
- Fax: 610.371.7930
Rick is Co-Chair of the Technology, Telecommunications and Life Sciences Group. He represents public and private companies and nonprofit organizations in all phases of organization, financing and operations. He handles mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate governance issues and negotiates complex commercial and licensing agreements for companies in the IT/software, internet, pharmaceutical, medical device, nutraceutical, health care, telecommunications, energy, real estate, manufacturing and a variety of other industries. He also has significant experience with international transactions.
Rick is an experienced intellectual property attorney and has assisted clients in planning and implementing commercial development, licensing and deployment of new technologies. He has negotiated some of the largest dollar value strategic alliances in the biotechnology field, and has assisted in the development of a unique worldwide licensing scheme for a new computer technology used in television broadcasting. He also advises clients concerning regulatory compliance matters for the FDA and other government agencies.
As part of his practice, Rick manages multi-million dollar financial transactions, including private placements, public offerings, bond issues and bank financings. He represents both U.S. and foreign-based private equity and venture capital funds, universities, banks and investment banks and angel investors in connection with investment related transactions. He is also recognized as a mentor and facilitator of entrepreneurship, whether for new companies or for new projects within larger organizations, and helps coordinate legal, business and financial services necessary for growth.
Rick holds a FINRA Series 7 license and frequently consults with the firm’s investment bank, Griffin Financial Group, on technology, telecom and life science related projects.
- Einstein’s Alley Corporation, Board Member
- JumpStart New Jersey Angel Network, Board Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Charter member of NJ Chapter
- TIE, Charter Member of New Jersey/Philadelphia Chapter
- American Bar Association, Business and Intellectual Property Law sections
- New Jersey Entrepreneurial Network, Former Advisor
- Biotechnology Council of New Jersey (BioNJ), Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Corporate and Business Law Section, Board Member (Emeritus); former Co-Editor Corporate and Business Law newsletter
- New Jersey Technology Council, Former Board Member
- NJTC IT/Software Advisory Board, Former Member
- Institutional Review Board of the Medical Center at Princeton, Former Member
- Princeton Tennis Program, Former Chairman of the Board
- Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association, Former Board Member
- TechLaunch NJ, Mentor
- Tech Team Acceleration Program, Advisory Board/Board Member
- Rutgers Business School CTEC Program, Lecturer and Mentor
- Board or Advisory Board Member for several private companies
- Canada’s Top Technology Companies Program, Former Advisor
Rick is AV® Preeminent™ rated by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating for legal ability and general ethics. He has served as an expert witness in cases regarding the standard of care for corporate law practice in New Jersey.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A., cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court