Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Phone: 609.243.6426
- Fax: 610.371.7905
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
Tom represents clients in both state and federal courts in foreclosures, bankruptcies, receiverships, evictions, collections, insolvency and other creditors’ rights matters. His clients include secured and unsecured creditors, financial institutions, mortgage servicers, investment firms, distressed debt asset funds, receivers, landlords, trustees and asset purchasers. He has extensive knowledge on both commercial and residential state court foreclosure actions. He is also experienced with New Jersey receivership law, having acted both as a state court appointed receiver and/or as lead counsel in several of New Jersey’s largest Ponzi scheme cases.
After law school, Tom served as a law clerk to the Hon. James P. Courtney, Jr., J.S.C., of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Interactive Brokers, LLC v. Richard W. Barry, as Receiver for Osiris Fund Limited Partnership, 457 N.J. Super. 357 (App. Div. 2018) – Holding that a state court appointed receiver had standing to pursue legal remedies in arbitration even if the return of assets to the receivership would ultimately benefit defrauded investors
- Investors Bank v. Visions Development Group, LLC, 2018 WL 1219458 (App. Div. 2018) – Upholding summary judgment in favor of secured lender as it relates to claim of equitable prior lien claimed by commercial realtor for commissions
- Amboy Bank v. Hannout, 2015 WL 303522 (App. Div. 2015) – Upholding summary judgment in favor of secured lender as it relates to claims that secured lender improperly appointed construction manager to complete development of retail building which was subject to construction loan
- Hakim v. Roma Bank, 2015 WL 6473315 (App. Div. 2015) – Upholding dismissal of case with prejudice where case had previously been dismissed for lack of prosecution and plaintiff had not demonstrated exceptional circumstances to reinstate same
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Morven Museum and Gardens, Board of Trustees
For the past five years, Tom has been recognized as a New Jersey Super Lawyer by being selected by his peers as among the top 5 percent of lawyers in the state in the areas of Creditors’ Rights. Prior to that, he was recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2006 and 2007.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Seton Hall University, B.A., cum laude
- New Jersey